The heart of men is desperately wicked above all else who can know it..? The answer is God. Yet, the enemies of God, will try to destroy the confidence of the disciple, that he can move and function in his Lord.
- The human heart (spirit) is where the Spirit of God, (Holy Spirit) was designed to live and function.
- The elect, (I believe) are given a heart towards the Lord; even prior to their initial conversion.
- The Holy Spirit is softening that “ground” – before it can receive that seed of faith, by grace.
- Satan, and “his people” (the ones who have a hardness of heart towards God) then persecute the one whose heart is being regenerated, or repaired/prepared by God, towards salvation.
- This persecution causes damage to the “spiritual organ” which is supposed to function freely, in the things of God: it then attempts to operate by faith, yet is not fully functional; as it is operating in what – computer jargon calls a “safe mode” – so as to not receive any additional damage by unwarranted battering!
- Of course, the only one who is qualified in doing a “complete rebuild” of this driver, “the heart” is the Lord; by submission to way of the cross of Christ: in being given a “new heart”.
- After a “son or daughter” of God, comes into Christ by initial illumination, or “salvation” at new birth; they must remain “in the vine” (Christ) – so that their Heavenly Father, can perform HIS “rebuild”, in throwing away (execution of) “the old man” – and replacing it with one who is made in the image of Christ.
- In this “world” we shall have tribulation. A world that has fallen because of sin, is in a constant state of warfare; spiritually and materialistically. Under these adverse conditions, a child of God must strive to “enter in” with Christ despite adversities; and major distractions that our hearts are tested by, and sifted of Satan.
- This is done at a deeply personal level to the disciple, in choosing the narrow way of the cross; to be made conformable to Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection. Or by taking the broad road, to have a comfortable life in this world. This “new work” cannot be achieved within a group or by attempting to follow Christ, by having a herd, or institutionalized mentality!
- This is why the Apostle John first coined broad road brethren as an Antichrist(s); and the Apostle Paul called, “an enemy of the cross “- (the one’s Paul wept over). These type brethren, have since become; the greatest adversaries to the Lord Jesus Christ, (the false vine/brethren) in that while Christ himself, (Holy Spirit) is attempting with the Father; to do a work of God, by putting an actual disciple’s “heart drive” right, within the sanctification process.
- The “narrow way” Disciple, must count the cost; and decide to enter in with Christ, by way of the cross (requiring execution of sin in their being) what Oswald Chambers called the white funeral, being put to death in Christ. Or to take the broad road, which costs most little in the world; so that they might be comfortable within it. This is why Jesus said: Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life (for my sake) shall preserve it. *Matthew 10:39, Matthew 16:25, Mark 8:35, Luke 17:33*.
- Again, the choice is abiding in; the false vine with “broad road” believers, and nominal’s (in name only) Christians, (false brethren) – so that one might feel comfortable in the world, while fellowshipping with those
who wish to keep a distance from Christ; and by extension the Father.Or by casting aside the love of the world and your own life; (and other who are not brethren) – for the love of Christ; in having a love for the “TRUTH” that we *might be saved.
Exodus 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.