Poor Bible understanding of Isaiah and other scriptures create such fervent and even desperation in proving oneself worthy! Yet Christ is the only justification; for all to come to a saving faith in him. When Israel rejected Christ, then the Gospel went out to the Gentiles for salvation for those who put their faith in him. (Matthew 7:13-14).
Romans 9:27–28 (ESV): 27 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved, 28 for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.”
Romans 11 – * referencing Isaiah
That Israel has not been forever set aside is the theme of this chapter.
(1) The salvation of Paul proves that there is still a remnant ( Romans 11:1 )
(2) The doctrine of the remnant proves it ( Romans 11:2-6 ).
(3) The present national unbelief was foreseen ( Romans 11:7-10 ).
(4) Israel’s unbelief is the Gentile opportunity ( Romans 11:11-25 ).
(5) Israel is judicially broken off from the good olive tree, Christ ( Romans 11:17-22 ).
(6) They are to be grafted in again ( Romans 11:23 Romans 11:24 ).
(7) The promised Deliverer will come out of Zion and the nation will be saved ( Romans 11:25-29 ). That the Christian now inherits the distinctive Jewish promises is not taught in Scripture. The Christian is of the heavenly seed of Abraham ; Genesis 15:5 Genesis 15:6 ; Galatians 3:29 and partakes of the spiritual blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant.